Throw everything into a baking dish, top with cheese, and enjoy!
We like to start our weekends with a nice hearty breakfast, and that usually means eggs. Lately, we’ve been trying to squeeze as many nutrient-rich vegetables into our day as possible, and that’s why we love this cheesy breakfast bake. Our secret ingredient is cauliflower, which is packed with vitamin C, and offers a nice alternative to traditional hash browns. The combination of grated cauliflower and whole florets adds texture to this dish, but sometimes we choose one or the other if we’re pinched for time.
You can’t have a breakfast bake without eggs and cheese, which add plenty of protein to help us power through our day. Breakfast bakes are a great way to take care of any lingering veggies in the fridge, so if it’s not cauliflower, then we’ll toss in broccoli or zucchini. And why not pep things up with a little bacon and herbs for even more flavor? Bacon never hurts. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring, and it really is the most important meal of the day… so important that we might even serve this for dinner! Try out our breakfast cauliflower casserole for a tasty (and easy) start to your day.
Cauliflower Egg Bake
Serves 6; 50 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, half grated and half chopped into florets
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shreded 3-cheese blend, divided; 1-1/2 cups for filling, 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil cauliflower florets over high heat for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and place into a 9-inch round or 9x9-inch square baking dish. Add uncooked grated cauliflower.
- Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Add cheddar cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and optional cayenne. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over cauliflower. Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is golden brown.