We love easy side dishes, which is why we’re crazy about this recipe for autumn Brussels sprouts. The ingredients are simple – sprouts, cranberries and almonds – but the flavor combination is complex. Roasting the sprouts brings out their natural sweetness, which cuts the tartness of the cranberries just enough, and the almonds provide a great nutty crunch.
This recipe is great for holiday dinners because it doesn’t require much prep work or clean up. Just bake everything together in one pan and serve! We love it alongside ham, roasts or turkey, and it’s so good that we never have leftovers to put away. Brussels sprouts pair well with sweet or savory ingredients, too, so don’t be afraid to substitute raisins, walnuts or whatever else sounds good.
Autumn Brussels Sprouts
40 minutes to prepare serves 8
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place almonds on baking sheet and lightly toast in oven 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to coat.
- Spread Brussels sprouts on baking sheet in single layer. Bake 30 minutes.
- Add cranberries and almonds to baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes more or until edges of sprouts are crisp and almonds are toasted.
Recipe adapted from Love and Zest