Everybody’s going to want seconds of these bad boys…
As we’ve stated many times, there’s nothing better than a seriously tasty dish that’s easy and quick to make. We love to experiment with new and involved recipes every now and again, but we keep coming back to the tried-and-true recipes that can be thrown together and put on the table in under an hour, and this recipe here is one of those soon-to-be staples. With four essential ingredients (plus salt and pepper, so okay, six ingredients), it’s ridiculously easy to prep this dish, then all you have to do is throw it in the oven to crisp up!
The unexpected thing about this recipe is the addition of dry French onion soup mix. It seems like a weird ingredient to mix in there – especially considering we’re not making soup – but it adds great flavor and crisps up deliciously…everyone knows the browned, crunchy bits are the best part of a dish like this! If you need a side dish that’ll steal the show, or just want an easy, fool-proof dish that will deliver every time, this is your best bet. Come on, it doesn’t get any more better than tossing together some pantry staples and getting an amazingly flavorful dish in return!
Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (1 oz.) package dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly grease foil with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper, then toss everything together to combine.
- Sprinkle onion soup packet and fresh rosemary over potatoes and toss to combine.
- Transfer potatoes to lined and greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until crispy on both sides), flipping over halfway through baking.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven, serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Food Charlatan