Cottage cheese gets a makeover with this creamy herbed dip recipe!
Who doesn’t love a good cheese spread? Forget picking up a pre-made packaged cheese dip. Whether you’re hosting a get-together or looking for a healthier snack at home, this cottage cheese spread is the answer you’re looking for! We feel better eating it knowing it’s also a way to sneak in extra calcium and protein into any healthy meal plan.
When trying to eat healthy, simple and inexpensive are two super important qualities to have. This cool dip on a crisp cracker or with cut veggies will certainly satisfy mid-morning or afternoon munchies. Quickly prepared and easily stored in an airtight container, our creamy cottage cheese spread is a healthy go-to snack. Enjoy!
Creamy Cottage Cheese Dip
Serves 2 cups
- 1 (16 oz.) container cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cottage cheese and sour cream until fully incorporated.
- Add parsley and chives, then season with garlic salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Store in desired serving dish or airtight container and chill prior to serving. For a chunkier spread, leave the mixture as is. For a smoother texture, reserve the chives and blend the ingredients in a food processor. Fold in the chives and serve.
Recipe adapted from The Best Blog Recipes