Do you also chuckle every time you hear you’re not supposed to eat raw cookie dough? We understand the issue is with the uncooked eggs, but cookie dough is just so delicious – we can’t help ourselves! What if we told you you could indulge in all the cookie dough you want with no raw eggs to contend with and without fear of being chastised? Now you can! We’ve got these no-bake cookie dough bars for you and my, oh my, are they delicious!
These aren’t just any cookie dough bars; these bars have both semi-sweet chocolate chips and M&Ms in there, as well as a peanut butter chocolate ganache topping that is ridiculously yummy and makes the whole thing amazing. These bars come together in a snap, what with creaming together the butter and sugar – brown sugar for a deeper flavor – then mixing in flour and sweetened condensed milk. This is almost the same process as making cookies, but you get to skip the step of rolling the dough or forming the actual cookies. Win. Set that cookie dough in a 9×13 and pop it in the freezer to set, then you’re good to go.
Once it’s set, it’s a matter of melting your remaining chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter together to create a sort of ganache to pour over the top. You guys, don’t skip this step, it’s the best part! Let it all set, then slice ‘em and serve ‘em up. So, so tasty. You can bring these to a potluck or a back-to-school night, pack them up for a picnic or a show them off at a cookout…you can’t go wrong with these bad boys, they’re just that good.
Cookie Dough Bars
Serves 9-12; 30 minutes active; 1 hour inactive
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl or mixer for 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract, then gradually mix in flour and sweetened condensed milk until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips and all M&Ms, mixing until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to 9x13-inch baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until hardened.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with creamy peanut butter in a glass dish and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Spread chocolate peanut butter mixture over bars and let set completely before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Inspirational Momma