One bite will convince to try this new ingredient in your brownie recipe.
One of our go-to baking regulars is a batch of chewy and chocolatey brownies. We love the slightly blistered top, the perfectly crunchy corner pieces, and of course the gooey-chewy center that makes us drool for more. When a weakness for something baked and chocolate washes over us, then we love to whip up a batch of brownies. A moist and chewy brownie is always the benchmark and we’ve found a great recipe to help maintain that fudgy chewy texture while also changing up or usual brownie routine. Our secret ingredient: sweetened condensed milk.
The process is just as simple as with our regular brownie recipe, most of the main ingredients are still there, but with the new addition of condensed milk. Condensed milk is a great way to keep brownies chewy and delicious. We melt the butter with the milk then add all of the remaining ingredients to the same saucepan. They’re stirred together into one luxurious saucepan of chocolate then poured into a baking dish. Now we’re just left to enjoy the smell of brownies baking in the oven.
It’s super important to let the brownies cool for a couple of minutes before cutting into squares. We know how tempting it is to just dive right in, I mean, just look how delicious they are! A little time to cool down will help the brownies to set up and really get even more amazing. Cool the brownies completely before storing them away, but we don’t expect that they will last long enough to cool down! Whether you’re making a sweet treat to share with friends or coworkers, or just to have for the family, these brownies are sure to satisfy. Enjoy!
Condensed Milk Brownies
Serves 12-16; 45 minutes
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving edges slightly longer to aid in removing brownies from dish once baked.
- Melt condensed milk and butter together in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring frequently. Once melted, remove from heat and add vanilla and brown sugar. Stir to incorporate.
- Mix in cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour and mix until thoroughly blended. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until middle is just set and sides are slightly crisped.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes before using wings of parchment paper to pull brownies from baking dish. To serve, cut into squares and enjoy warm. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.