It’s so creamy and refreshing – the perfect thing on a hot day!
If you’re serving a hot dish, or just looking for a great dip, look no further than this Greek sauce. Tzatziki sauce is a cucumber yogurt dip that’s fantastic topped with a spicy gyro, or served as a dip for vegetables or pita bread. Not only is the sauce delicious and versatile, but it’s wonderfully easy to make.
To make our tzatziki, we started off with Greek yogurt to provide that perfect, thick texture. From there, we combined cucumber, lemon juice, some garlic, and a little dill. Just a little mint added a wonderful, refreshing lightness to the recipe. All we had to do was combine the ingredients in a bowl and pop it in the refrigerator – couldn’t be simpler! For an appetizer that never disappoints, this tzatziki’s got your back!
Serves 8 15 minutes
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cucumber, shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and lemon juice until combined.
- Stir in cucumber and garlic, then mix in fresh dill and mint. Season with salt and pepper, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Place mixture in refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables and enjoy!