Forget the bakery, this breakfast tastes indulgent but we don’t feel guilty about it!
Cinnamon rolls are our Achilles Heel, and that can end up being a problem for our waistlines when we can’t put down the pastries… that’s why this breakfast is so good! It’s decadent without being too over the top since it’s deliciously baked oatmeal that tastes just like our favorite cinnamon rolls, drizzled with a cinnamon and cream cheese icing.
We love whipping up a big batch on Saturday morning, and we really love being able to go back for seconds without feeling guilty. Trust us and put down the cinnamon roll, this oatmeal’s got you covered!
Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
Serves 6; 30min
- For the oatmeal:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- For the cinnamon drizzle:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- For the cream cheese drizzle:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Mix together oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat the egg into the milk and pour in vanilla extract. Continue to whisk and gradually pour in melted butter.
- Stir the dry oat mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined, then transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until oatmeal is set and browned on top.
- While oatmeal is baking, combine cinnamon drizzle ingredients (1/3 cup brown sugar, 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon cinnamon) together in a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth and combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream cheese with powdered sugar. Slowly add 2 tablespoons milk until icing is smooth. Add remaining milk if you’d like icing to be thinner.
- Serve warm and enjoy!