This sweet bread will have them begging for your recipe!
Okay, we have all enjoyed various versions of delicious quick breads over the years, but how many have you tasted in your lifetime that are truly memorable? We are talking about the kind of recipe that friends and family reminisce over and beg you to make again and again. We believe that this particular recipe has the stuff that legends are made of – or, at the very least new traditions.This amazingly moist and decadent bread takes an unexpected, tropical twist, as it’s sweetened with tangy pineapple! If you love the smell of cinnamon and the taste of freshly baked sweet bread, then say no more. You simply have to try our cinnamon pineapple bread that is glazed to perfection.
We could hardly wait to devour the golden, sticky loaf when it finally came out of our oven. Alas, we still had to let it rest for a few minutes before removing it from the pan and believe us when we say that those minutes felt like an eternity! The buttery glaze we drizzled over the top barely set before we were slicing and devouring this delicious dish. We love that this recipe could easily be served for dessert, breakfast or snack, plus, it makes for a great gift and is a welcome addition to any gathering. It’s so good we seriously licked our fingers clean!
If you want to make even, clean-cut slices, we suggest allowing it cool completely – but, that’s almost like mission impossible! We dare you to try and keep your hands away. This recipe might also might require you to stand guard while all the tantalizing smells fill your kitchen and home with the promise of something delicious. Yummy bits of pineapple…find their way into every bite, making this bread not only burst with flavor but also very pretty to look at. Catch that view while you can because this recipe is too good to resist, and that makes us wonder…why would you even want to resist? We sure couldn’t and that is why we know for certain that we picked a winner!
Cinnamon Pineapple Bread
1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup honey cinnamon butter, room temperature
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey cinnamon butter, melted
- 3/4-1 cup powdered sugar, as needed
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a 9x5-inch with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together honey cinnamon butter and white and brown sugars until fluffy and creamy. 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in crushed pineapple and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients until just combined, then pour mixture into greased baking dish. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Optional: whisk together melted honey cinnamon butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until smooth, whisking in milk as needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla extract, then pour glaze over cooled loaf and let set before slicing.
- When ready, slice, serve and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road