You really can have chips for dinner with this creamy, crunchy, Tex-Mex gem!
Doritos are definitely the go-to chips in our family; they are crunchy and perfectly seasoned, making them pretty irresistible. With this easy to make recipe, we turned one of our favorite snacks into a fun and flavorful casserole! Between the sweet corn, cheesy chicken filling, and crunchy nacho-cheesy goodness, this dish has amazing texture, and zesty Tex-Mex flavor. Your family will be head over heals for this super simple supper…. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to have chips for dinner?!
Chicken Dorito Casserole
- 1 bag nacho cheese Doritos, divided
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8.75 oz.) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crush 3/4 Doritos into small pieces and pour them into greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream until combined, then stir in chicken, 1 cup cheese, chicken soup, diced tomatoes, corn and green chiles.
- Pour chicken veggie mixture over Doritos, then top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining Doritos.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Wheel’n Deal Mama