The title really says it all. What’s not to love?
There are many classic food combos we all love. Peanut butter and chocolate. Bacon, lettuce, tomato. Macaroni and cheese. One of my personal favorites is chicken, bacon, ranch. It really doesn’t get much more American than that. With two kinds of meat and the most popular dressing/dipping sauce in the country, this combo is a hit with pretty much everyone.
There are quite a few ways to enjoy the savory chicken, crispy bacon, and seasoned, salty, creamy dressing. I’ve seen it in sandwich form, pizza form, casserole form, and many others. Today I present to you, Chicken Bacon Ranch Rice Pilaf.
This dish not only packs all of the flavors and textures you love, but it’s also a one-pot meal! Who doesn’t love an easy cleanup after stuffing yourself full of delicious food?
Start by cooking the bacon until your desired crispiness, then remove the bacon and set aside. One trick that makes this dish extra flavorful, is to add the diced onion, chicken, and a few spiced directly into the pan without draining the bacon grease. The salty, savory bacon flavor will permeate the rest of the dish in the most mouth-watering way possible!
Once the chicken is golden-brown on all sides, add chicken broth, rice, and the ranch packet. Bring everything to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and let simmer until the rice is cooked – around 15 minutes.
This one-pot meal is sure to be a hit with the family. I mean really, what’s not to love? Check out the recipe below and get to cooking!
One-Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Rice Pilaf
Serves 4; 30 minutes
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup rice
- 1 packet ranch mix
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove bacon and set on a paper towel to drain the grease.
- Add onion, chicken, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook until chicken is golden brown on all sides.
- Pour in rice, ranch packet, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the skillet and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is fully cooked.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in cheeses and bacon until melted.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: The Salty Marshmallow