I know I’m not alone in my love for all things pasta. Mac n’ cheese, chicken alfredo, pasta and meatballs, penne, linguine… and the list goes on and on. Perhaps one of my all-time favorite pasta dishes is lasagna. Layers of delicious noodles, sauce, meat, and cheese? What’s not to love?
I was skeptical to try a new lasagna recipe, especially one that deviates from the red meat sauce. I shouldn’t have worried, though. How can you go wrong when chicken, bacon, and ranch are involved? Hint: you really can’t.
Yes, the winning combination of chicken, bacon, and ranch in lasagna form is definitely a no-brainer. Instead of worrying about liking it, I should have worried about it replacing my love for the traditional recipe! Both are definitely high up there on my list of pasta dishes to make regularly. But, I digress. Let’s get into the recipe!
Once your oven is preheated to 350 and the lasagna noodles are cooked according to the package directions, it’s time to make the sauce. Heat evaporated milk and 2 ranch seasoning packets in a saucepan over low heat. Make sure to stir this mixture constantly, as the evaporated milk is prone to burning. No one wants burnt milk sauce! After the sauce has thickened a bit (about 5 mins) stir in cream cheese cubes.
Next comes the assembly. Pour some of the ranch sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, followed by a layer of lasagna noodles. Sprinkle cooked chicken over the noodles, along with shredded cheese. Pour more of the ranch sauce on top. Repeat this process again, adding more cheese on top of the sauce layer as well as bacon bits.
Bake for 20 minutes, covered, then an additional 10 minutes, uncovered. Once the lasagna is cooked all the way through, remove from the oven and top with green onions. Go ahead and try this recipe out for a different take on traditional lasagna. Don’t be surprised if it replaces your love of classic red meat lasagna, though!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Lasagna
Serves 12-15 Prep 20m Cook 30m
- 12 sheets lasagna
- 3 cans evaporated milk (12 ounces each)
- 2 packets ranch seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 3 ounces chopped bacon bits
- Chopped green onions or fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat over to 350° and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat evaporated milk and ranch seasoning on low. Whisk constantly, and heat for 5 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese cubes and mix until smooth.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the ranch/cheese sauce in the bottom of the baking pan, and place a layer of cooked pasta over the sauce.
- Sprinkle half of the chicken over the pasta, and top with 1/3 cup of each cheese. Drizzle 1 cup of sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat layers: pasta, remaining chicken, 1/3 cup of each cheese, 1 cup of sauce.
- Last layer: pasta, remaining sauce, top with remaining cheese and chopped bacon.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with green onions or parsley if desired.
Recipe adapted from A Taste of Lizzy T.