Mozzarella, Parmesan, zucchini, and chives make this lighter version of quiche the perfect dish to bring to a summer brunch!
We never have leftovers of this dish at our house! Plus, since it’s a meatless meal, you save calories and money, without sacrificing taste at all. Win win! The key to cooking with zucchini (and baking, for that matter) is to squeeze as much water out of it as you can. You can use a salad spinner if you have one on hand, otherwise just put the shredded pieces in a colander and press down with paper towels.
Mozzarella and Parmesan combine with zucchini and chives to make this lighter version of quiche the perfect dish to bring to a summer brunch. Go ahead and try this healthier twist on an old favorite; we guarantee it’ll be the talk of the party.
Serves 6-8; 45min
- 2 medium zucchinis, shredded and drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and garlic salt in large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix in mozzarella, parmesan, onion, chives, zucchini, and olive oil, stirring until everything is combined.
- Beat eggs separately, then mix them into the bowl with the zucchini mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.
Recipe adapted from Passionate Penny Pincher