Some people may scoff at the idea of breakfast for dinner, but I am definitely not one of them. Especially when it’s a savory breakfast dish. For example, this cheesy Bacon & Cauliflower Quiche. It’s just as at home on the dinner table as it is at a nice brunch or reheated for a quick weekday breakfast. Once you taste this quiche, I’m sure you’ll agree that there’s really no wrong time for a dish this tasty!
We’re all familiar with the broccoli cheddar combo, but I can’t help but think we’ve really been sleeping on the potential of the cauliflower and cheese combo. The nuttier taste and sturdier florets make cauliflower an ideal inclusion for something like a quiche. We chose to pair it with a mix of parmesan and gruyere cheese to really accentuate the earthy flavor (if gruyere isn’t available then swiss will also do the trick!). A touch of nutmeg, chives, and bacon make this quiche filling irresistible.
One of the best things about making a quiche is how easy it is to throw together, especially if you go with a premade crust. For this recipe, you’ll want to steam the cauliflower ahead of time to get out some of that excess moisture and cook the bacon for crumbling. Once those steps are done it’s as easy as whisking everything together and pouring the mixture into your crust. Bake it for 35-40 minutes and as easy as that, your meal is ready to serve!
Cauliflower Bacon Quiche
15m prep time
40m cook time
- 1 premade pie dough
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped and steamed
- ⅓ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and fit the premade pie dough into pie dish.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, cottage cheese, oregano, thyme, nutmeg, and salt and pepper. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the cauliflower, bacon, onion, cheese, and chives. Stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the quiche no longer jiggles.