Sausage, eggs, and biscuits — they’re all breakfast classics in their own right, and deservedly so. But a big breakfast can take so much time to prepare with all the separate components. So why not marry them all together in one beautiful, delicious casserole? It’s an ingenious plan as far as we’re concerned. With savory sausage and cheese enveloped in a fluffy egg and biscuit batter, you just can’t go wrong. Add some melted cheese over the entire thing and oh my… it’s almost too good. And we just love how quick it is to whip this up!
The prep work here takes only as long as it takes you to brown the sausage. You can even brown the meat and make the batter the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge and bake it first thing in the morning. Then you get to sleep in a little bit and still enjoy all your breakfast favorites in one awesome concoction. It’s easy, it’s convenient, it’s quick… and it’s absolutely delicious. Our family is always so happy when this comes out of the oven. And that’s a beautiful thing.
Sausage-Egg Breakfast Casserole
Serves 6-8 40 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix together milk, biscuit mix, eggs, 1 cup cheddar cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Once skillet has cooled a bit, pour egg mixture over the browned sausage in the skillet.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and place skillet in oven. Bake uncovered until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Adapted from The Real Housewife.