If you haven’t noticed, we’ve been on a jello kick recently and show no signs of stopping anytime soon. It’s so nostalgic for us, plus there are so many different flavors, and in turn, so many different ways you can use them. Here, we went with the classic blueberry cloud salad – a layer of mixed berry jello topped with a cream cheese and cool whip top layer that makes the whole thing a fruity cloud. While a lot of our other jello confections involve a crunchy bottom layer, we think this one is perfect as is!
You can use just about any combo of flavors you like, but we particularly like a berry variety with a bit of a tropical twist; blackberry jello, crushed pineapple and blueberry pie filling all get mixed together until they set into a nice layer, before getting a cheesecake-esque treatment with the cream cheese and frozen whipped topping coating that gets spread on over the top. Tangy, sweet, and a perfect complement to the fruity, juicy bottom, these layers are a match made in heaven!
Blueberry Jello Salad
Serves 9-12; 20 minutes active; 3+ hours inactive
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 oz.) packages blackberry jello (or raspberry or cherry)
- 1 (16 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together jello and boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in pineapple and pie filling until fully incorporated, then transfer to 9x13-inch baking dish and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until set.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy, then add sugar and beat until dissolved into cream cheese. 2-4 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in frozen whipped topping until fully combined, then spread over set jello mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, giving topping time to set.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes