This has to be one of the easiest and tastiest casseroles we’ve ever made.
Comfort food is often as simple as a really good casserole and this beefy egg noodle casserole delivers on that front. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make. Pair this main dish with a fresh salad and you’ve got dinner all wrapped up with time to spare.
There’s something about egg noodles that just tastes like home. And, they’re made even better with the addition of cheese, beef, and some veggies. To start this recipe you’ll need to brown 1 and a quarter pounds of ground beef. The next step is to cook and drain the egg noodles. Once the two foundations of this dish are made the rest is really simple.
Combine a can of diced tomatoes and a can of green beans with the beef and stir. In a 9×13 casserole dish combine the beef mixture with the egg noodles you cooked earlier. Then top with a bag of shredded of Monterey cheese and bake in a 350˚ oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
When this casserole comes out of the oven the result is delicious dinner that’s a real crowd pleaser. You can of course add other veggies if you want. A can of corn or sweet peas or even a three bean mix would be really nice in this casserole. You could also bring up the spice level by adding a small can of pickled jalapeños. The beauty of a dish like this is not only the simplicity and the flavor, but also the many ways you can make this one completely your own.
The next time you’re wondering what to make for dinner and what will make everyone at the table happy, this beefy egg noodle casserole could well be the recipe that ticks all the boxes.
Beefy Egg Noodle Casserole
serves 6-8; 30 minutes prep, 20 minutes cook time, 20 minutes inactive
- 1 16-oz bag egg noodles
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 14-oz cans diced tomatoes with herbs
- 2 14-oz cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 8-oz bag shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook ground beef over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until no pink remains.
- While beef is cooking, start making the egg noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Add tomatoes and drained green beans to beef and stir. In a 9x13 casserole dish combine beef mixture with the egg noodles.
- Top with with Monterey jack cheese. Bake uncovered for about 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown around the edges.
Recipe adapted from Sweet Phi.