Potatoes will always be one of our favorite go-to foods, due to the variety of different ways they can be prepared and turned into something delicious. Here, we’ve got a hearty soup, with all the best parts of a loaded up baked potato (lots of cheese and bacon), and all you have to do is mix everything together in the slow cooker and turn the heat on…super simple and then you’ve got a huge batch of soup that’ll get you and your family through those cold days…baked potatoes just got a whole lot better!
Baked Potato Soup
10 minutes active; 3+ hours inactive
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine hash browns, cheddar cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, bacon bits and cream cheese in slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper, then use a spoon to break up cream cheese and mix things together.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Garnish with rosemary and/or more cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Simply Made With Love