Yep. That’s right. We put bacon in the Rice Krispie treats. And it was AMAZING. We could just stop right there, but we won’t, because guess what else in these bad boys! MAPLE SYRUP. Seriously, we can’t stop talking about these…. What happened when we busted these out at our cook-out? A total shark frenzy! Definitely prepare to make two batches of these, ’cause they go fast. Whether you make them for your next bash, movie night or for absolutely no special occasion at all, they will steal the show every time – they’re amazing and everyone will love you. Just make sure to grab yours and get out of the way!
Bacon Rice Krispie Treats
2 hours to prepare serves 12-16
- 1 (16 oz.) bag marshmallows
- 1 (12 oz.) box rice krispie cereal
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups waffle cone crumbs (1 box waffle cones)
- 1/2 cup good quality maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and generously grease it with butter or non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, then add marshmallows and stir together. Continue cooking and, stirring continuously, mix in maple syrup. Cook until melted and smooth. (Optional: spray rubber spatula with non-stick spray before stirring marshmallows.)
- Remove saucepan from heat, and mix in rice krispies, crushed waffle cone, and bacon until fully incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to lined and greased baking dish, and spread into an even layer.
- Let sit 1-2 hours, or until set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Concoctions By Peabody