Sausage, kale, onions and sweet potatoes mix with fluffy eggs, garlic and just a hint of nutmeg to make this dish a sure fire hit.
We are so excited for fall around our house! The cooler temps, changing leaves, chunky sweaters, and of course those fall flavors! Coffee lovers enjoy a nice pumpkin spice latte, while us breakfast food lovers turn to sausage and sweet potato breakfast casserole.
Sausage, kale, onions and sweet potatoes mix with fluffy eggs, garlic and just a hint of nutmeg to make this dish a sure fire hit. All of the warm, earthy flavors and colors combine to make the perfect start to any fall day. The best part is, this dish is healthy! With potassium-packed sweet potatoes and fiber-rich kale, one serving of this autumn breakfast casserole will give you the healthy energy you need to conquer the day.
Sausage And Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
Serves 8-10 1 hour
- 2 sausage links, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a 9x13 dish with butter of non-stick spray.
- Place sausages and sweet potatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, slowly mixing in milk until combined. Mix in garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and kale.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and sweet potato, then place in oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil, then bake for an additional 10 minutes for the center to set.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, then serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Plaid and Paleo.