Crispy chicken, two kinds of cheese, and an easy cleanup. What’s not to love?
Looking for a meal that is sure to impress, but is actually quite simple to prepare? I’ve got just the recipe for you! This One-Skillet Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken is absolutely delectable. Not only that, but the clean-up is a breeze. Go ahead and take a look at the recipe and then try it out for yourself! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Start by cutting the chicken breasts in half and flattening them. Then add the good stuff – asparagus, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Roll the sides up and secure with toothpicks to hold everything together.
Next, it’s time to make the crispy, perfectly seasoned crispy coating. Place croutons in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Then, add more parmesan, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and onion powder. Hey, I did say this was perfectly seasoned, didn’t I? Each bite packs a powerful punch of flavor and cheesy, chicken-y goodness!
All that’s left to do is dredge the chicken roll-ups in egg and then the crouton mix. Brown the chicken on top and bottom, then stick your cast iron skillet in the over for ten minutes.
Serve with your favorite marinara sauce, and you’re good to go! This is a great date night dinner or just for when you’re feeling like treating yourself without putting in too much effort. Hey, I get it. Treat yo self. Check out the ingredients and instructions below!
One-Skillet Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
10m prep time
10m cook time
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 4 large slices mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12–16 stalks asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken to flatten it out, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 5-6 stalks of asparagus on each piece.
- Roll up lengthwise and secure with toothpicks.
- Place croutons in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Add oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Pulse to mix. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Place beaten egg in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium. Brown chicken on all sides.
- Cook chicken in oven for 10 minutes uncovered or until cooked through.
- Warm up marinara sauce and drizzle over chicken.
Recipe adapted from A Small Town Woman.