If you’re in a rut and tired of eating the same old chicken dishes again and again, this will be the chicken recipe that changes your mind. So much of the time, we end up with bland and dried out chicken that does nothing for our taste buds and that just leaves us wanting more, but that is not the case with this dish. Packed with a rich and flavorful garlic butter, this cheesy, fried chicken is deliciously juicy and steals the show every time. Switch things up and try this out…we know you’ll love it!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- vegetable oil, as needed, for frying
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, beat together butter, parsley, garlic and lemon juice, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roll butter into a log, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper and pound them until they’re 1/4-inch thick.
- Place a cube of butter in the center of each flattened chicken breast, then fold in the sides so there’s no open space where butter could escape. (Optional: use a toothpick to seal.)
- Heat 2-3 inches vegetable oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until water sizzles when water droplets are sprinkled on it.
- Set up and assembly line by your workstation with flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in a second, and panko and parmesan in a third.
- Dredge each chicken pocket in flour, shake off excess, then dip completely in egg wash.
- Shake off excess and press chicken firmly (on all sides) in panko cheese mixture.
- Transfer coated chicken carefully to hot oil and cook on all sides until coating is golden brown.
- Then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts, then transfer them all to a baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen