If you’re looking for a quick and easy protein-packed lunch that also happens to be delicious, look no further. This White Bean Tuna Salad hits all those marks with ease. It takes two pantry staples and dresses them up into something you’ll find yourself craving and you have to do little more than stir a few things together. (No cooking required!)
When you have a few cans of tuna sitting in your cupboard, your first thought is probably to make a quick mayo-based tuna salad to spread on a sandwich, but this salad here is a great go-to when you want something a little lighter and brighter. There’s tuna and white beans, but there’s also fresh parsley and crunchy red onion and a quick red wine vinegar dressing that balances the tuna so well.
All you have to do is whisk together the olive oil and vinegar (and you can use the reserved oil from the tuna if it was packed in olive oil!) and gently stir it together with the other ingredients.
It’s a simple salad, but it’s filling and also full of crunch and flavor. When you’re getting a little tired of the same old tuna sandwich, this is the thing you want to try, and it won’t take you any longer than your usual tuna salad standby.
White Bean Tuna Salad
5m prep time
5m cook time
Gluten-Free diet suitable
- 2 (6 oz each) cans tuna, canned in oil
- 2 (15 oz each) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flake
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain the tuna and add to a large bowl. If the tuna was packed in olive oil, you can reserve it to use in the dressing if you wish.
- Add beans and gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, parsley, chili flake and salt and pepper. Pour over tuna and beans.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Noshtastic.