You could call this a “fluff” or you could call this a “salad,” but all you really need to know is it’s a sweet, cool and creamy concoction that’s stuffed with fresh juicy berries. It’s a little bit retro, a lot delicious, and it only takes a few minutes to put together.
A dish like this usually relies heavily on a tub of whipped topping, and while that is a component here, there’s also cream cheese, and heavy cream, and powdered sugar that are beaten together into a rich and creamy mixture. The whipped topping is folded in to keep things light, but the first three ingredients add a more authentic creamy flavor.
And then there’s the berries. You can use any combination you like, but we’ve used fresh sliced strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries – six full cups of them! It’s very berry, for sure.
Very Berry Cheesecake Salad
10m prep time
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- Fresh mint, for topping, optional
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla and cream and beat again until smooth. Gently fold whipped topping into mixture.
- Place most of the berries in a large serving bowl, reserving some for topping. Pour cream cheese mixture over berries and gently stir together until berries are coated.
- Serve with mint sprigs and fresh berries and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cincy Shopper.