Tasty Bite-Sized Treats: Brown Sugar and Bacon-Wrapped Smokies
Are you ready for some easy entertaining? These Bacon-Wrapped Smokies (wrapped sausage, pork, chicken, beef…your choice) are so straightforward and an absolute crowd favorite! Great for children and adults alike, all you need are three ingredients to get the party started. If you have kids, this is the perfect cooking activity to engage your little helpers and then you’ll have the yummy treat to reward them for their help; if not, more savory, sweet goodness for you! Either way, you should probably try them out and see how simple and delicious it really is…
(Makes 16 servings)
1(16 oz) package of bacon, cut into thirds
1 (14 oz) package of mini sausages or cocktail wieners
3/4 cup brown sugar (for extra smokiness use dark brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350º F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds. It’s easier to wrap the smokies with cold bacon, so refrigerate majority of the slab when you start wrapping.
- Take a piece of bacon (1/3 of full slice) and wrap it around your sausage. Secure it in place with a toothpick. Continue wrapping.
- Place your finished smokies on the baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar.
- Bake sausages for 40-45 minutes or until the sugar is bubbly and has melted and the bacon is crispy.
Recipe adapted fromTablespoon!