It’s official: these fritters are good at any time of day!! Try ’em and see for yourself!
While it doesn’t happen very often, occasionally a recipe will come along that’s just as good for breakfast as it is for lunch and dinner. (…And it’s not just some breakfast recipe we chose to eat for dinner.)
In this case, it’s these savory sweet potato fritters; they’re packed with yummy flavor and they’ve got the perfect touch of sweetness to them! Our love of fritters isn’t anything new, but it was our first time swapping out the traditional potato for it’s orange-ish red counterpart and boy, are we glad we did! If you need something to serve up with some eggs, or want a deliciously light meal for lunch or dinner, this recipe will knock your socks off!
Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 1/8-inch vegetable oil over medium high heat until shimmering (but not smoking).Note: oil should sizzle when you drop a few shreds of sweet potato in.
- Using a cheese grater, coarsely grate sweet potato and place in a large bowl.
- Pour lightly beaten eggs into shredded sweet potato and stir together.
- Add parmesan cheese, brown sugar and onion powder, and season everything liberally with salt and pepper.
- Mix until everything is incorporated and sweet potato is thoroughly coated.
- Working in large spoonfuls, drop sweet potato mixture in large clumps into the hot oil. Using the back of a spatula, pat sweet potato rounds down into a flat disc.
- Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minute, or until golden brown. Flip and cook other side until golden.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted fromThe Pancake PrincessSKM: below-content placeholder