We love going out to dinner. Who doesn’t love having someone else do all the cooking and cleaning up after?! And when we go out, we always want Italian food; it’s just so comforting and makes the whole dining out experience feel even more indulgent. We often sit back and try to figure out all the different seasonings that make each dish taste so good. We’re sure that part of what makes everything taste so delicious is that we didn’t make it!
While going out to eat is fun (and gives us one less meal to prepare during the week), sometimes we like to recreate some of our favorite restaurant meals in our own kitchen, and we’ve definitely got a winner with this one. And it really couldn’t be simpler: throw a bottle of salad dressing and chicken into a slow cooker for a few hours voilà – we’re just a side salad away from a delicious meal, and one that tastes almost exactly like what we get at our favorite Italian restaurant.
This can be done with only two ingredients – salad dressing and chicken – but we like to add a few more things to really take this up a notch. So we add Parmesan cheese, a little Italian seasoning, and a splash of lemon juice for freshness. All of this goes into the slow cooker and comes out just as tender and flavorful as can be. And with everything going into to one pot, clean up is actually pretty easy. So even though we’ve made the meal in our kitchen, we get the same restaurant quality meal in the comfort of our own home and for only a fraction of the price. Sounds like a win all around!
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken
4 hours to prepare serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz.) container Olive Garden Italian dressing
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, pour full bottle of dressing. Add Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasonings, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to blend together.
- Pour contents of bowl over chicken. Flip chicken to coat both sides.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours or on LOW for 7.
- Serve chicken with a salad or a side of rice or pasta.
Recipe adapted from Never Ending Journeys