When you have a crowd to serve for breakfast or brunch, a quiche is a no-brainer. If not universally loved, it’s at least darn close to it and you can fill it with pretty much anything your heart desires. But what if your crowd is big, like really big? Well, that’s where a Sheet Pan Quiche is the perfect solution, and in particular, this bacon and cheddar filled one. When you cook a quiche on a sheet pan, there’s nothing different about the crust and the filling, per se, it’s just that the ratio is totally different. That means you end up with a lot more slices to go around and a thinner filling with a lot more buttery flaky crust in every bite. (I don’t know about you but that all sounds pretty good to me – when it comes to things with a pastry crust, I’ll take as much as I can get.)
To start, you roll out a pie crust, just like you would with any other quiche. You can go with homemade or storebought – it’s totally up to you – but if you’re opting for storebought and have a circle to roll out, you’ll want to roll it out to cover most of the sheet pan, lay it out in that sheet pan, and then cut off the round edges that are overhanging the pan. You’ll then take those semi-circles and press them into the corners of the baking sheet so that the entire bottom is now covered in crust.
Then you’ll sprinkle the top with crispy bacon and cheese – we’re using cheddar and a little bit of parm here. You then whisk up your filling, same as it ever was – eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper…
… and pour it over the bacon and cheese.
Then you bake. The filling sets a little firmer than with a traditional quiche, but that makes it a little easier to grab and go, which also makes it a great option for buffet-style serving.
Depending on the size of your squares and the hunger of your crowd you can serve nine to twelve folks with this but entertaining isn’t your only option here. I love this method for meal prep as well – bake, slice, and freeze the slices to reheat for easy (and delicious) breakfasts on busy mornings.
Sheet Pan Bacon Cheddar Quiche
15m prep time
45m cook time
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 10x15-inch baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Roll out pie crust and line baking sheet. Cut off round edges overhanging sides and press into the corners of the baking sheet so it's completely covered with crust.
- Arrange bacon, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan evenly over unbaked crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Whisk in half and half, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over the quiche filling.
- Carefully transfer to oven and bake until center is set and filling has puffed up, 45-50 minutes.
- Slice into squares, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Laughing Spatula.