Breakfast for dinner is in regular rotation at my household – we just can’t get enough! As anyone who knows us can attest, when given the option to order breakfast food, we do, so we love it when we can incorporate “breakfast” foods into other meals in the day. This Tex-Mex Taco Hashbrown Casserole is the perfect breakfast-for-dinner mashup meal that the whole family will love, and we’ll tell you why: it’s extra-crispy and extra-cheesy, and is a meal packed with veggies that will win the key to your heart. Try it for dinner tonight?
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup green pepper, diced and divided
- ½ cup red pepper, diced and divided
- ½ cup corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup onion, diced and divided
- 2 cups Mexican-style cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 30 ounces shredded hashbrown potatoes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, 1/4 cup red and green peppers, and 1/4 cup onion until browned.
- Drain any grease from the pan, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Add in the tomato soup, corn, and cream cheese, stirring until well-combined and smooth.
- Add the taco seasoning and 1 cup of cheese, then transfer evenly to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the potatoes, remainder of the peppers and onion, salt, pepper, and the remainder of the cheese. Transfer evenly on top of the ground beef mixture in the casserole dish, pressing down as needed.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Enjoy!