As you probably know by now, we just absolutely love our slow cooker. You put your ingredients in, walk away, and open it at the end of the day to find a delicious home-cooked meal ready to go. It makes life easy. And tasty. This Slow Cooker Chicken Biscuits and Gravy has all the important characteristics of a good slow cooker meal: it’s so easy, it’s comforting, and it’s tasty as can be.
We love the mix of chicken and portobello mushrooms and think you will too. The biscuits bake up beautifully in the last hour of cooking and are the perfect thing to soak up all that delicious gravy. This is a meal that’s fit for a nice Sunday dinner, but the slow cooker means you can make this for any busy weeknight.
Slow Cooker Chicken Biscuits and Gravy
Serves 4-6; 6 hours inactive, 15 minutes active
- 1 can (8-10) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add chicken and mushrooms to slow cooker and toss with flour, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in broth, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream and place biscuits on top of chicken mixture. Cover and continue cooking on high until biscuits are done, about 1 more hour.