If you’re looking for a simple summer dessert recipe, look no further…this orange juice cake is exactly what you need! Bursting with mouthwatering flavors of citrus and nutty pistachio, it’s just like eating a fluffy creamsicle with a crunchy nut topping. Perfect for any summer evening or as a care package treat, this orange juice cake provides the perfect balance of sweet and light leaving our guests feeling just the right amount of sweetly satisfied. There’s just something about the light citrus flavors that come with summertime and who can resist a slice of moist and delicious cake.
We gave this recipe a try for the first time boy how surprised we were to find out how much everyone loved it, especially the kids! Usually, they only like something that’s loaded with sugar, chocolate, and every sprinkle in the house, so imagine our surprise when they came up asking for a second piece. And it was fun to have them get involved with making the cake – because that always seems to make something taste even better.
This is a dessert that isn’t just a kid-friendly dessert, but everyone-friendly, and it’s easy to share with a neighbor as a welcome to the neighborhood or as a part of a care package. Give this dessert recipe a try!
Orange Juice Cake
Serves 6-8; 1 hour
- 1 (15 oz) box white cake mix
- 1 (6 oz) box orange jello mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, orange jello, orange juice, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl and mix until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven to rest in pan for 5 minutes. Remove cake from bundt pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix powdered sugar, orange juice and beat until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Sprinkle with orange zest and chopped pistachios. Enjoy!