We’ve always been fans of those powdered ranch packets, but we were blown away when we learned how easy it is to make at home! It only takes a few simple ingredients to whip up, and is awesome to have on hand to add extra flavor to meatloaves, casseroles, and countless other dishes. We easily turn this powdered mix into a cool and creamy ranch dressing on demand, and use it on way more than just salads! Our kids gobble this stuff up, and we love knowing exactly what’s in it. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Ranch Dressing Mix
15 minutes to prepare serves 10-12
- 2/3 cup dry buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ranch mix
- Place dry buttermilk, 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, onion flakes, 1 teaspoon dill, pepper, chives and paprika in the bowl of food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped and combined.
- Transfer mixture to an air-tight container and mix in remaining parsley and dill until incorporated.
- Dry mix is complete and can be used in place of ranch seasoning packets. (3 tablespoons is equivalent to 1 packet.)
- For ranch dressing: in a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons dry mix with buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise and greek yogurt.
- Whisk together until smooth, then refrigerate 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Simply Scratch