Summer is the season of potlucks and barbecues and poolside parties. There seem to be so many that we can hardly think of enough recipes to bring a new dish to each one! And I’m sure this has never happened to you, but there’s been a time or two where we’ve forgotten that we had to prepare a dish until the very last minute. This dreamy creamy pasta is the perfect solution for that occasion because it takes all of fifteen minutes to whip up and it’s so good that it will never taste like an afterthought. The best part is you can use whatever veggies you have on hand and it will still turn out totally delicious!
Pasta salad is a summer party staple, but we absolutely adore this fun twist on the traditional. It’s so creamy and crunchy, and the cool, zesty ranch is the perfect touch for a hot summer day by the pool. (And we must say, it does a great job of hiding a healthy portion of veggies too.) It’s hard to believe that something this quick and easy can taste so delicious! It’s our favorite dish to bring along to a party; people rave about it every time. In fact, we’ve never come home with leftovers… it seems that all the other guests just lick the bowl clean!
Poolside Pasta Salad
Serves 8-10; 15 minutes
- 1 package (16 oz.) tri-color fusilli or rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 oz.) package powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets (1 small head), roughly chopped
- 2 cups asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sliced into matchsticks or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 2 minutes before pasta is fully cooked, add broccoli and asparagus to the pot. Strain pasta and vegetables and set aside.
- Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, ranch mix, and garlic powder to a large serving bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add pasta, cooked and raw vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and cucumber), and cheese and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve!
Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse