What better way to get the flavor of summer than with a pineapple treat? This sweet dessert bread is bursting with tangy pineapple flavor, along with vanilla, sugar, and cream cheese. There’s another unexpected ingredient in this recipe… sour cream!
That’s right. This is no ordinary dessert bread. While I love a good pumpkin loaf, and I’ll never turn down lemon poppy seed, I wanted to try something a little different. I think you’ll be happy with the results. Keep reading to see the full recipe!
I won’t lie, sometimes I get a little impatient with bread recipes. Dessert breads, however, are much easier than all that kneading and waiting for the dough to rise. And don’t even get me started on sourdough bread! Delicious? Yes. Something I’d make regularly? No.
That’s part of what’s so great about this Pineapple Quick Bread. The name really says it all. This delectable sweet, tangy bread takes about 10 minutes to whip up. Then just pop the bread into the oven for a bit and pour some pineapple glaze on top once it’s out! It’s really just that easy.
As I said earlier, this recipe has a few surprises in the mix, including cream cheese and sour cream. The tanginess of the sour cream boosts the flavor of the sour pineapple, while the sugar and cream cheese balance everything out.
That beautiful icing is made from powdered sugar and pineapple juice, which adds an extra pop of sweet, tropical flavor. Go ahead and make this tasty treat today!
Pineapple Quick Bread
Makes 1 loaf of pineapple bread
10m prep time
1h cook time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained (save 2-3 Tbsp of the juice for the glaze)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp reserved pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bread pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt together. In a separate bowl, beat egg, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture into cream cheese mixture and stir. Add the sour cream and mix until just combined, then fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes and then let it cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice together and drizzle over the cooled bread.
Recipe adapted from Butter With a Side of Bread.