The best sandwich ever, now in dip form!
When it comes to sandwiches, the Philly cheesesteak is at the top of our list of favorites. There’s something about the perfect combination of steak, peppers, onions and cheese that gets us every time. While we don’t think there’s another sandwich out there that could ever top the cheesesteak, thereis a new dip in town that blows all the other ones out of the water…the Philly cheesesteak dip. Packed with all the same components, this dip is robust and delicious and you definitely need to check it out!
Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- 2 cups thinly sliced shoulder steak
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and sauté green pepper and onion until softened. 8-10 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, sear shoulder steak until cooked through, then finely chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream cheese and provolone. Add peppers and onions and mix everything together.
- Transfer mixture to a round baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and serve with sliced baguette.
Recipe adapted fromChef In TrainingSKM: below-content placeholder