These don’t last long around our house, whether it’s for a party, celebration, holiday get together, or just a Tuesday evening, everyone loves a good cookie.
Everyone needs a sugar cookie recipe up their sleeve! We’ve tested pretty much every variation of sugar cookie out there, and trust us when we say this is by far the best one! These don’t last long around our house, whether it’s for a party, celebration, holiday get together, or just a Tuesday evening, everyone loves a good cookie.
These classic cookies are slightly crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They just melt right in your mouth! Add some sprinkles or icing when they come out of the oven, and you’ve got yourself a colorful, delicious treat. Go ahead and try out this recipe, see if you like it as much we do!
Classic Sugar Cookie
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Assorted sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in egg yolks and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour mixture, stirring to combine. Be careful not to over mix!
- Scoop out dough into rounds, approximately 2 tablespoons each. Roll into sugar and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the cookies start to crack.
- Optional step: cover the tops of the cookies with sprinkles or icing when still warm, to get a “melting” effect. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled.