One pan provides everything you need for multiple meals…
After a long day, don’t you wish you could just snap your fingers and make a delicious, homemade supper instantly appear on the table? We can all appreciate the value of sitting down together over a homemade meal, but it’s also no secret that there are quite a few from-scratch recipes that require one too many steps and more dishes than anyone cares to wash! We are all looking for ways to make something fresh and easy, without compromising on taste, so we decided to get back to basics.
This chicken and potato dinner is something we can really get behind, because it not only tastes terrific, but it can be ready to roast in a matter of minutes. Tender yellow potatoes and juicy chicken thighs come together beautifully when mixed with garlic, and a couple of herbs, plus, some freshly-squeezed lemon elevates this meal into something truly memorable. Keep in mind that patting most of the moisture off the chicken and potatoes is a simple step that allows everything to brown nicely.
We’re telling you, this recipe is ridiculously easy, because it not only cooks on one sheet pan, but you can prep all of the ingredients and mix them on that very same pan – talk about easy cleanup! You can enjoy this recipe as one meal and then again as delicious leftovers, whether it’s in a salad, or mixed into your favorite pasta and sauce combo. It might be hard to believe that a simple, one-pan recipe can make so many fabulous meals, but sometimes…less is so much more.
One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
Serves 6 55 minutes
- 6-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds yukon yellow potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pat chicken thighs and potatoes dry with paper towels and place chicken thighs and potatoes on sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper, then rub chicken and potatoes well with seasoning mixture.
- Place sheet pan in oven mid-rack, and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 10 minutes, then squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and season with more salt to taste. Enjoy!