One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the time spent in the kitchen creating cute treats to give to my loved ones. (Some, though, get consumed entirely before they ever make it out our front door. And that’s a-okay.) This Melted Snowman Bark is one of my absolute favorites both to make and gift because it really couldn’t be any easier (you’re looking at fifteen minutes, tops) and it is just about as cute as it gets. (Just look at those poor little melted guys!)
This starts very simply with white chocolate chips, that you melt and spread out onto a baking sheet. (And you can use the microwave. There’s no need for the stovetop, or the oven, or even the fridge with these.)
And then (working quickly!) you start to make the “snowmen.” The noses are made out of Starburst candies, that you cut into quarters and roll into “carrots,” like this.
You arrange the pretzel arms, candy buttons and eyes, peanut butter cup hats, and noses in haphazard groups so you have twelve deconstructed snowmen. They don’t all need to look the same, so don’t stress too much, just work fast enough that the chocolate doesn’t set up on you.
All that’s left to do is wait a few minutes until the chocolate hardens back up, locking the snowmen into place. You’ll want to break the bark apart around each snowman so you have twelve pieces. It makes it a bit easier if you use a knife to score the breaks and assist you with getting the separation where you want it. You don’t want a snowman losing a limb, after all!
Melted Snowman Bark
Serves 12 15 minutes
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 5 orange Starburst candies
- 6 mini peanut butter cups, halved
- 24 small candy eyes
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 3 tablespoons red and green M&M candies
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Cut each starburst candy into four triangles. Roll edges or smooth with your fingers into a carrot-like shape.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring in between.
- Pour melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and, working quickly, arrange ingredients in snowman groups with a peanut butter cap hat, candy eyes, starburst nose, pretzel arms, and M&M buttons.
- Place in refrigerator to harden, about 10 minutes. Break into pieces so each piece has a melted snowman, using a knife to help guide the breaks if needed.
Recipe adapted from Princess Pinky Girl.