You’re going to want to make some noodles to go along with it, just sayin’….
While we love preparing and having meals that take some real time and effort to make, but pay off in the end when you come together with loved ones to eat something incredible…but sometimes you need a recipe that’s fast and easy and that everyone loves every time. Which is where this instant pot “melt in your mouth” chicken dinner comes into play. It’s got a short ingredient list, which is great when all you have to do is quickly scan your pantry for the essentials, and it comes together in 20 minutes so you don’t have to make a long day even longer. Now that’s a dinner we can get on board with!
To make the chicken itself you’ll need six ingredients – one of which is water – and salt and pepper. That’s it. The chicken goes in the instant pot, then the other ingredients get poured on top, the lid goes on and voilà, you’ve got yourself a flavorful dish with a sauce that’s just begging to be poured on top of some egg noodles. Sheer. Perfection. Even if you’re a total foodie who loves to introduce new, interesting dishes to your family each night, there’s always a time for flavorful, juicy chicken on top of hot, buttered noodles. (Pretty sure that’s our love language right there….)
While you could also roast this in the oven or set it and forget it in the slow cooker, we have really fallen head over heels for the instant pot…there’s something magical about having perfectly cooked meat in under 15 minutes! We should note: all the buttons can make it seem intimidating, but once you get used to them it’s super easy to use. Lid goes on, seal it up so it’s not venting the pressure you’re trying to build up, let it come to pressure, then the clock starts counting down. Easy-peasy!
You could serve this chicken up any which way you like, but trust us when we say that the noodles are really the way to go – and don’t be shy with the parmesan cheese you’re going to sprinkle on at the end. It’s so yummy!
"Melt In Your Mouth" Chicken
Serves 4-6; 20 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- egg noodles or rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soup, water, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in instant pot and pour soup mixture on top.
- Seal lid on instant pot and cook on manual for 10 minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure release for 15 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into pieces, then serve with rice or noodles. Top with remaining sauce and serve hot.