This is the perfect, quick dinner to throw together tonight!
There are times when we want to go all out for our family dinners…and then there are times when we want to be able to throw something together that’s quick, delicious and healthy – which is exactly where this one-pan maple dijon chicken comes into play. Forget having a dish in the oven along with three pots on the stove, with this one, you can toss everything together in one bowl, then put it all on a pan and pop it in the oven.
The genius here is that everything cooks at the same time: the chicken, the brussels sprouts and the butternut squash. The maple dijon sauce is a breeze to whip up, tastes amazing, and is flavorful, yet still light enough to let all the great natural flavor of the ingredients shine through.
Whether you turn to this after a busy day or for when you want to have friends over, it’s a great option that will never let you down – how could you say no to something that’s this easy, tasty and healthy to boot? We know we couldn’t!
Maple Dijon Roasted Chicken And Veggies
Serves 4; 35 minutes
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, ends removed, halved
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Whisk together maple syrup and mustard in a medium bowl and place on your workstation.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and season them generously with salt and pepper, then dip them each completely in maple Dijon mixture.
- Transfer them skin side up to lined baking sheet.
- Whisk olive oil into remaining Dijon mixture, adding cinnamon and seasoning to taste.
- Add halved brussels sprouts and cubed butternut squash and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread veggies evenly around chicken thighs on the pan, then place in oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Julia's Album