As a kid, I spent many a St. Patrick’s Day eve building elaborate ‘traps’ in the hopes of catching a leprechaun. I never did quite succeed, but maybe, just maybe, if I had made this easy Leprechaun Bark I would have. With a bounty of delicious candy, two kinds of chocolate, and a fresh minty flavor, it’s just as enticing as any pot of gold could be. And since it only takes ten minutes to make, it’s going to be much quicker than finding the end of a rainbow.
I love candy barks because they are so easy to make but are also so fun and cute! They take just a few minutes, but they’re so versatile – all you have to do is swap out your toppings depending on the holiday. This one fittingly features a fair amount of green, some gold, and some sugary rainbows.
Using two kinds of chocolate isn’t totally necessary, but it keeps things interesting, and a little peppermint extract stirred into each kind keeps things nice and minty. All you have to do is melt the candy melts by following the directions on the package, spread them out on a baking sheet…
… and sprinkle on some goodies. But work quickly! This will set up fast. We’ve used green mint M&M’s, rainbow candy belts, and some shamrock, gold, and rainbow sprinkles but the options are really endless as far as toppings go.
There’s no need to chill this, it will set up just fine sitting at room temperature, so all that’s left to do is break it apart and serve. It’s a no-fuss, no-bake treat that leprechauns of all ages will love!
Serves 12; 10 minutes
- 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate candy melts
- 1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 5-6 rainbow candy belts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint M&Ms candies
- Gold ball sprinkles
- Rainbow confetti sprinkles
- Shamrock sprinkles
- Line a 10x15-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In two separate bowls, melt the white chocolate and dark chocolate candy melts according to package directions. Stir 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract into each.
- Pour white chocolate into a layer on parchment paper then smooth out with a spatula. Top with the melted dark chocolate melts and smooth out.
- Lay rainbow candy haphazardly across the bark, then top with M&Ms, gold balls, confetti, and shamrock sprinkles. Work quickly as chocolate will harden fast.
- Chill until hard, then break bark into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Classy Mommy.