If you’re like us and, this time of year, constantly searching for that perfect summer dessert, we may have just found it for you. Cheesecake can be a year-round staple, but turning that into a cheesecake-pudding hybrid is truly a feat, and one that you’ll want to immediately try out after seeing this recipe. We give you: cream cheese lemonade pie. All the creaminess of a cheesecake, but less fussy and stuffed to the brim with the sweet and tart lemonade goodness we all know and love.
So we mentioned there’s a pudding element of this dish, but that’s not all. Along with using lemon pudding to thicken things up and offer some structure to the pie, we also used frozen lemonade concentrate to amp up the flavor and truly turn this into a lemonade dessert.
The result is an über lemony confection that will cool you off on even the hottest days and will have you craving more once you’ve finished that first slice. Thankfully, the recipe is super simple, so you can whip up more whenever the craving hits! How’s that for the perfect summer dessert?!
Serves 8-10; 15 minutes active; 2 hours inactive
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- lemon zest or whipped cream, optional
- Combine evaporated milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl and beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes, or until thick.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese until light and airy, then mix in lemonade concentrate. Once fully incorporated, mix in pudding mixture.
- Transfer filling mixture to pie crust, then place in refrigerator and chill for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!