When the weather gets cold and you need some warming up, there’s nothing like a big (read: huge) mug of hot chocolate to give you all the cozy feels and make you glad it’s actually so cold out. On days when being outside equals being chilled to the bone and we’d like nothing more than to be snuggled up inside watching our favorite movie, that’s when we know we’ve got to get a little creative in the kitchen – using these adorable silicone spoon molds, just exactly what we did!
Get Your Silicone Spoon Molds Here!
While you might look at this cute, miniature spoon mold and wonder what the heck you’re supposed to do with it, we’ve got the answer for you in the form of these hot chocolate stirring spoons! That’s right, we put together a delicious mixture that we melted down and poured into this mold to create a utensil that, when stirred into a hot cup of milk, turns into the creamy, chocolatey beverage everyone knows and loves.
Once you’ve stirred it in and melted the bottom part of the spoon, just drop the rest of it in and top everything off with whipped cream and sprinkles (which just happen to be perfect for Valentine’s Day, right!?).
Hot Chocolate Stirring Spoons
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt, optional
- silicone spoon mold
- whipped cream
- Combine heavy cream, condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and stir together, cooking until milk is scalded and steaming, but not boiling.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in all chocolate and sea salt, if using.
- Let mixture cool for 10-12 minutes, then stir again until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to silicone mold (or into a parchment-lined 8×8-inch baking dish) and smooth over the tops of each mold. Place in refrigerator or freezer until chilled and set.
- Once chilled, take silicone mold and gently pop chocolate spoons out. If using a baking dish, remove parchment lining and cut into small squares.
- To serve: heat 8 oz. of milk in a large mug (or on the stovetop) and stir chocolate spoon in until melted and dissolved. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Our Best BitesSKM: below-content placeholder