There’s nothing that says summer quite like making s’mores down by the campfire. Earthy, graham cracker taste mixed with sugary-sweet marshmallow and decadent chocolate come together in one of my favorite summertime snacks.
While nothing can beat the taste of fresh-roasted marshmallows over the campfire, I think these Golden Grahams S’Mores Bars do a pretty good job of upholding everything you love about this classic treat. Plus, they are much easier and less time-consuming to make, and you can feed a crowd!
This is my favorite kind of dessert to make – no-bake, less than 10 ingredients, and comes together in a snap! Seriously, if that’s not perfection, I don’t know what is. Add in the fact that everyone will love this fun twist on an old favorite, and you better believe I’ll be making this dessert time and time again!
Start by collecting your ingredients – Golden Grahams, marshmallows, two kinds of chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. If you don’t have corn syrup, or prefer not to use it as a sweetener, go ahead and substitute with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon of water.
Next, mix everything besides the Golden Grahams and 1 cup of mini marshmallows into a large pot on the stove. Stir until everything is melted. Working quickly, fold in the Golden Grahams and remaining cup of marshmallows and then spread the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Yes, these delicious squares of s’mores goodness are prepared much like rice crispy treats, only they are a thousand times better – in my opinion. Go ahead and give them a try for yourself! If you’re a fan of s’mores, then this dessert is for you!
Golden Grahams S’Mores Bars
Makes 12-16 bars
5m prep time
5m cook time
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 7 cups Golden Grahams
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Grease 9x13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix 4 cups of marshmallows, both kinds of chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Stir mixture over medium heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the Golden Grahams and remaining cup of marshmallows. It will be very sticky.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared dish and flatten down using the back of your spatula.
- Allow to harden at room temperature for 60 minutes before cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from Just So Tasty.