One bite of this chewy and sweet cookie will have you begging for more!
Looking for an easy way to make your life a little sweeter? Then you definitely want to give these tasty morsels a try – ginger coconut macaroons. We love this recipe because it makes for denser macaroons and the candied ginger is that extra pop of flavor that takes these cookies to the next level of deliciousness.
Candied ginger is our secret ingredient; it adds a little sweet spiciness that really goes well with the coconut. Something else that is so great about our coconut macaroons is how easy they are to prepare! One bowl of ingredients, a brief bake in the oven, and out pops a cookie that is sweet, chewy, a little crunchy, and 100% heavenly. If you’re looking for a cookie that’s a little different and extra amazing, then we’ve got just the treat for you in these amazing coconut macaroons!
Ginger Coconut Macaroons
Serves 24-30 macaroons; 30 minutes
- 5 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cups flour
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup candied ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, condensed milk, salt, and vanilla until just combined. Add coconut and minced ginger and stir to form a very soft dough.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop out a generous spoonfuls of the mixture and drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown, then cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from Crazy For Crust