Even if snacking and appetizers aren’t your thing, this spread knocks it out of the park!
We normally don’t choose dips or spreads over a hearty meal, but sometimes we come across a recipe that’s just too good to pass up. In this case, we whipped up a mean cheesy, garlic artichoke spread that is perfection when spread on a crusty baguette. Whether you toast your bread ahead of time or just dive in with it as is, you can’t go wrong with this creamy, flavorful spread…it doesn’t get better than this!
Cheesy Garlic Artichoke Spread
- 2 cups artichoke hearts (if using canned, drain thoroughly), finely chopped
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1 cup mild provolone, grated
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette or crusty bread, sliced diagonally
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Cut the top off head of garlic and drizzle olive oil over the exposed garlic.
- Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and roast for 45 minutes, or until garlic is soft and tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then squeeze roasted garlic out into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper, and stir together.
- Mix in chopped artichokes and roasted garlic, then add fontina and provolone cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish and cover with paprika and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Optional: broil for 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with sliced bread.
Recipe adapted fromWonky WonderfulSKM: below-content placeholder