Ice Cream Treat: Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Want to take cookies and cream to another level? Try making your own homemade ice cream sandwiches with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, and you’ll find your new favorite cookies and cream combo in a heartbeat.
Whether you use this cookie recipe or a store-bought version, the game plan is the same: Let the cookies cool fully, for at least 30 minutes, before trying to assemble the sandwich. We use chocolate chip, but really any cookie works here — after all, which one wouldn’t go well with ice cream?
We’ve seen these in the store, but nothing compares to the real deal — so it’s worth the indulgence!
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
(makes about 9 ice cream sandwiches)
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten and cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the sandwich:
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until mixed well. Then, beat in the vanilla and eggs until light and creamy.
- Mix in the flour and sugar combination until just blended, followed by stirring in the chocolate chips by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Once the dough is well combined, let it refrigerate for about an hour. When you’re almost ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, grease cookie sheets and drop 1/4-cup scoops of dough (you can use an ice cream scoop for this) onto the sheets about 3 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are starting to brown. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for about 3 minutes before moving them to cooling racks.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes. Once cool, put a scoop of ice cream between two cookies and gently press them together.
- Roll the edges of the ice cream sandwiches in the mini chocolate chips.
Recipe adapted from All RecipesSKM: below-content placeholder