This dish is classic cream sauce at its finest!
When it comes to weeknight dinners, tortellini alfredo is a cheesy, creamy favorite that packs plenty of flavor. We used to think it was complicated to make, but then we realized that you only need a handful of ingredients and a couple minutes to make an amazing alfredo sauce, making this the perfect meal to prepare for your family after a long day. This silky, homemade sauce requires only five ingredients (you can spruce it up with some add-ons though), but it turns frozen pasta into a gourmet experience. Top it off with grated parmesan cheese and diced tomatoes, and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal that’s sure to please!
Serves 2 - 4; 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced, optional
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen tortellini
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add heavy cream and stir constantly until heated through.
- Remove sauce from heat. Add parmesan cheese, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Add nutmeg, then season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Remove pasta from boiling water and drain. Top with alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, if using, and extra parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network