We can’t get enough of this quick and easy roasted cauliflower recipe. Whether you want to add another vegetable to your herbivore repertoire or you’re looking for a healthy snack, this dish fits the bill in just 30 minutes. Don’t think that cauliflower is boring just because it has no color and has a reputation as an acquired taste. Roasting brings out the natural sugars in the vegetable and of course adds great flavor. Cauliflower also contains a lot of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, folic acid, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin K. Roasted cauliflower lets you add savory herbs and spices to perk up this previously bland veggie, so impress your hungry crew with this jazzed up version. We hope you enjoy this hidden treasure!
30 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 2 pounds cauliflower, or 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and rinse to clean. Dry with a towel, then place florets into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, (optional add-ons: garlic powder or dried red pepper flakes). Toss cauliflower to coat with seasonings.
- Evenly layer cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes. Rotate half way for even cooking. Cauliflower is done when it turns a golden brown.
Recipe adapted from It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken