When we head to our favorite Italian restaurant, we, of course, love all the pasta and homemade sauces, but from time to time we go a different direction and try other great menu items, and we fell in love with these roasted potatoes. We can’t go out to eat every night, so we’ve figured out how to copycat some of our favorite menu items right in our own kitchen. No fancy ingredients required! Just a little of this and a little of that – potatoes, cheese, herbs – and we’ve got a delicious side dish, perfect with just about any meal.
These potatoes are cheesy and crispy on the outside, and full of creamy potato goodness on the inside. We weren’t quite sure we could mimic that type of deliciousness at home, but this copycat version is almost exact, and the addition of Parmesan cheese really takes things up a notch. It was the perfect accompaniment to last night’s lemon-herb chicken, and we can’t wait to try it with next week’s roast. We can’t think of too many things that wouldn’t taste great with these Parmesan potatoes. They’re even an elegant substitute for fries! As much as we love dining out – especially because someone else does all the cooking and cleaning – we also love to bring the restaurant experience right to our own dinner table.
Olive Garden Roasted Potatoes
Serves 6; 45 minutes
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Whisk together olive oil and butter in a large bowl. Mix in garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Toss potatoes in oil mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer potatoes to baking sheet, and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Add chopped parsley for garnish. Enjoy!